Sunday, August 30, 2009

Carpe Diem

Yesterday, I experienced something that retaught me how fragile things are. We take many things for granted. Over the course of time, our life situations become familiar to us. That familiarity leads to us being complacent with how things are. Regardless of what the circumstances, man can get accustomed to almost anything.

People will often focus on all the negative in their lives. They tend to complain about how awful things are going. Rarely do they concentrate on all the benefits they have or opportunities ahead of them. The mind likes to default to the misery.

Carpe Diem is the latin phrase meaning "seize the day". We all have only the 24 hours right now. We can choose to use it for positive purposes or negative. The choice is entirely up to us.

My experience yesterday taught me how fragile my life is. I was body surfacing in the ocean when a wave took me heels-over-head. As I was forced under, my face was planted on the ocean floor with the force of the way whipping my body over the top of me. This causes my neck to "snap" in a whiplash like fashion. Luckily, I turned out alright other than an extremely sore neck.

The point that I am making is that something like that could have caused paralysis. Walking is something that I take for granted on a daily basis. Rarely do I give a thought that I can do something which gives me incredible freedom. Ask anyone who is bound to a wheelchair about the loss of freedom they experienced. Walking is something that few are grateful for, at least until it is lost.

Sexual motivation is all about "seizing the day". The goal is to try and motivate ourselves to take the actions which move our lives to the next level. Using the power force of sex helps us to create the incentive to act. There is too much to lose by wasting time. Procrastination is just a slow form of death.

An experience like I went through makes me realize how fragile everything is. Too often I get caught up in the idea of rejection, thus allowing fear to win. I am reminded that life is short and I am here to make the best of it. Fearing the reactions of others is insane and useless.

How many times are you afraid to talk to someone because of what they will say? Do you allow the reactions of others to dictate your life? It is time to stop that. Motivating yourself to move forward is crucial. Freedom is at risk unless you adopt this outlook.

Remember, whatever is here today can be gone tomorrow. We just never know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment